Saturday, January 8, 2011

IPP? OMG!

IPP. Is there any three scarier letters in the English language? I think not. Well... maybe STD. Maybe. I digress.

IPP: Independant Professional Project. The lifeblood of CreComm. The time when Red River College graciously allows you to tap in to its plethora of technologically advanced goodies and undertake a professional project of your dreams. Novels, screenplays, radio shows, TV shows, documentaries, events, it's up to you.

When I first discovered the IPP I felt pretty confident that I would be one of the many who choose to write a novel. My passion is writing, and it's always been a goal of mine to write a novel. It's just simply been too intimidating for me to get going on it, and I've been sort of waiting for myself to get over that. But the IPP seemed like the perfect opportunity to force myself over it and see if I could really do it.

But the more I heard people speak about it, the more times I ended up hearing "use this as an opportunity to do something you would never be able to do when you're out of CreComm." What do I need to write a novel? A laptop and a good idea. Don't get me wrong; much easier said than done. So then I asked myself, what is something you would love to do more than anything in the world? Three words:

Professional Wrestling Documentary.

Winnipeg used to be a hotbed for Pro Wrestling, and to a slightly lesser extent, still is. Everyone knows by now that Winnipeg's greatest contribution to the squared circle is Chris Jericho, but tons of big name wrestlers cut their teeth right here in Winnipeg. The way I see it, is it will be documentary on independent wrestling in Winnipeg. Open people's eyes to the reality of professional wrestling on the independent scene.

I've got my eyes on two promotions: Premier Championship Wrestling (PCW) and Wrestling Fan Xperience (WFX). WFX is the big daddy, and they start taping in spring of 2011. According to their website, some big names could possibly be on their way over for the new season, among them MVP and Teddy Hart. Let me tell you, if I could somehow get my hands on that.... Someone catch the camera because I'm goin' down. Their current roster has got multiple former WWE stars, such as Charlie Haas, Bob 'Hardcore' Holly, and Tajiri. Amazing.

I don't want to get myself too excited about it yet, who knows if either company would even be willing to work with me. For the time being, I'm just spit-ballin'. I also had the fantastic (or not) idea or documenting myself receiving Pro Wrestling training, culminating with my first match. Would I love to do it, yes. But in that case I'd need a cameraman who who could work on my crazy schedule, and I could see it being much too time consuming in conjunction with my school schedule. All just ideas right now, nothing more!

A couple of off-topic things I need to get off my chest: WTF Canada... Seriously. And:




G'night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.