Thursday, December 9, 2010

On A Personal Note...

I was just going through some old e-mails, and one caught my eye that I think I'll hold very near and dear for a long, long time to come. It was October 8, 2010, and the contents of the email look like this:

Yes, for a very brief moment in history (about a month) Chris Jericho, a personal hero of mine, was following me on Twitter.

I can only guess that he took a certain amount of interest in my blog, and then the fact that I am a Winnipeg, MB native, currently enrolled in CreComm and my heart set on a Journalism Major.

Anyways, I can't remember how many followers I had on Twitter at the time, but during the month or so that Jericho was following me, I was getting 2-4 new followers per day. And for someone who is just starting up a brand new blog, and just getting out there on Twitter, that was a HUGE boost for not only my blog hits, but my confidence too.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed as hell the day I discovered he was no longer following me, but I think it's good enough to just know that he recognized me, even just for a couple minutes, and also gave me a huge helping hand with my blog and my online presence.

So if a certain fellow-"viking" still reads this blog from time to time, I'd just like to say thanks. And if anyone else has suddenly got the urge to follow me on Twitter, you can get me with @WrestleWriter. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Former CreCommer Jericho stopped following you. I'm disappointed in him. You think he would want to know what is happening in his old program. But I guess he has moved past that with Fozzy and all. Did you know that the rest of his band are the guys from Type O Negative?

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome.