Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WWE's Royal Fumble?

Ladies and gentleman, mark your calendar! January 30, 2010, feast your eyes on the unprecedented 40-man Royal Rumble! Or the 40-man "What The F*ck Is Going On In There??" or the 40-man "Oh My God, ANOTHER One??" or the 40-man "We'll Be Taking a 10-Minute Commercial Break While We Rebuild The Ring".

If you couldn't tell, I'm not in love with the WWE's idea of having a 40-man Royal Rumble this year instead of the regular (like, 20 years regular) 30.

First of all, even 30 was too many at certain points. Sometimes there'd be 10 guys in the ring sluggin' it out, and the poor director backstage must just be crappin' his pants, because he can't keep it on a wide shot for five minutes straight, but as soon as he grabs a zoomed-in camera angle, he misses a big spot on the other side of the damn ring. It just doesn't work well. But 40?? I can only imagine...

Second, and this is a true story, a day before WWE announced the 40-man change, I literally thought to myself, "When we remove about six to ten Superstars who will be having regular matches at the PPV, are they even left with 30 wrestlers who could credibly be in the Rumble?" And now they have 40 spots to fill! All I'll say is I think it's a pretty safe bet that Hacksaw got a friendly phone call from Vince a few days ago...

I'm so sick of this company constantly trying to fix things that ain't broke. You know what were good Pay-Per-View names? No Way Out and Judgment Day. You know what are possibly the worst Pay-Per-View names ever created? "WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs" and "WWE Hell-in-a-Cell"!!!! What is WRONG with you!?

You know who one of the greatest wrestlers in this era is? Bryan Danielson! You know what's just mean and brainless? Changing his damn name to Daniel Bryan!!!!

Boy, someone over there needs a stern talking-to, I'll tell you that much. Stern as hell! ...I apologize, I hadn't realized there was so much anger in my heart. But seriously, I'll give the Royal Rumble a shot, it's my favorite staple match all year, but I'm not expecting greatness. I'm definitely not expecting it to be as good as it used to be, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel Bryan wouldn't even be in the Rumble if it wasn't 40 man, since their roster is so huge.

    I'd rather have it than have so many excluded from the match. NXT added so many people to the roster, if they ever want to push them they can't show that they aren't even worth putting in a Rumble match.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome.