Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Remember When...

Remember 'Save Us Y2J'? And how ingenious of a return angle that was? Remember enjoying a nice Monday Night RAW on September 24th, 2007 and seeing this little guy?



At the time I remember thinking "what the hell was that??" They used to just sneak them into such random moments, someone would be cutting a promo in the ring and that little viral video would hit...

I remember the wrestling community going nuts and analyzing every one of them, frame by frame, to figure out what all the code meant. And the craziest part was that all the code did actually mean something. It was over three years ago, so I'll never be able to remember any of it, but I do remember one line of code ended up reference the second (guessing) track on a specific WWE CD, which was -- you guessed it -- Chris Jericho's theme music. Things like that.

Almost two months this went on! Until November 19, and I just remember losing my mind when I saw that torch-bearer get smacked down. I knew it was him for a good month already, but it was just one of those moments where, whether you knew it was going to happen or not, you knew you were watching something AWESOME.



Notice how he DIDN'T return at a Royal Rumble and get dumped out in two minutes?

Jericho has said in a recent interview that his next deal with WWE is 90% complete. I just hope he gets here in time to save us from Alberto Del Rio! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome.