Monday, September 27, 2010

Farewell Jericho!

WWE Monday Night RAW 09/27/10

Monday Night RAW kicks off with The Miz, cutting a promo on Daniel Bryan, followed by a tag team matchup.

First off, let me just give props to The Miz. He's officially "broken out", and is a staple in the WWE now. His mic skills really are awsome, and considering where he started, his success is impressive.

And what is up with Morrison giving his glasses to kids in the crowd now, during his entrance? John 'The Hitman' Morrison...?

The Miz & Alex Riley vs. Daniel Bryan & John Morrison:

Thought the match was a good kick-off, got the crowd going, no real big spots though, nothing overly impressive. After the match things broke down, and in a pretty awful set up for a match, Daniel Bryan just attacked Morrison for literally no reason, I'll just overlook that....

So it's Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison at Hell in a Cell, in a 'Submissions Count Anywhere' Match.... Which is a no brainer considering The Miz and Morrison don't have submissions.... Sometimes I think they hire baboons to write the mid-card scripts....

Divas Battle Royal:

Ok, I'm gonna try to watch this seriously and critically, here I go.... Highlight of the match was Eve eliminating herself from the match. Nattie wins, and I suppose that's the best case scenario, can't go wrong with Hart blood in ya. She's a good wrestler, and I genuinely feel sorry her having to be in the company she's in.

Backstage with Ted DiBiase and Maryse:

Not sure what to expect for next week, returning Diva perhaps?

Sheamus looks like a cartoon character. I look at him and my mind refuses to believe a human being can look like that... White as snow, and fiery red hair. It's hard to stand out in the WWE these days, and he does a great job. He's got great mic skills as well, fella. Sheamus issues an open challenge and we cut to a commercial break.

Sheamus vs. The Great Khali:

Ah, two foreigners. One from Ireland and one foreign to a scrap of wrestling ability... Sheamus beats the shit out of him (holy cow Sheamus' chest really shows those chops, I'd have LOVED to see Sheamus vs. Benoit). Khali getting squashed? Now that puts a smile on my face.

Time for 'The Cutting Edge'. Tonight Edge interviews the anonymous RAW GM via the laptop. I caught myself laughing at "Why do you have to hate, yo?" and felt such shame... RAW GM sets up the next match.

Edge vs. John Cena:

I think Cena has a dropkick now. He's been perfecting it for three years I guess. In another three years will he debut a goddamn German Suplex? Edge hits the spear after an average match, and pins Cena clean, which I was impressed with. But of course, Cena's foot is underneath the bottom rope, and the RAW GM restarts the match. Aaaand Edge is tapping within 15 seconds, and I bury my head in my hands...

After the match Edge snaps and trashes the laptop. "You've got the crazy eyes..." Haha, oh that was good. Edge goes 'Flair' on the laptop and drops an elbow on it before going 'Benoit' on it and smashing it into his own forehead, busting himself open in the process. Don't imagine Vince was too happy with that. Just because you can't hit others in the head, doesn't mean you can do it to yourself!

First promo I've seen for Jericho's new DVD: Breaking The Code -- Behind The Walls Of Jericho. Looks AWSOME. Honestly, whether you know anything about him or not, Chris Jericho is a great reason to be proud to be from Winnipeg. What a personality, and an incredibly hard worker. Can't wait to watch the DVD, and I recommend everyone check it out as well.

Nexus vs. Mark Henry & Evan Bourne:

I don't like calling Matt Sydal 'Evan Bourne'. This is my blog, and damnit I'm calling him Matt Sydal. And don't even get me started on 'Daniel Bryan', Bryan Danielson you are free from the WWE's stupidity here on my blog! Rejoice!

Anyways, short match. Very sad to see that Sydal's push has officially bitten the dust, and he's tagging with Mark Henry now... But his Shooting Star is always flawless, and tonight is no different, though Nexus somehow picks up the win. And proceed to beat Henry and Sydal down. Matt Sydal is a lot like Jeff Hardy, he's an amazing bumper. There's very few who possess that natural ability, and Sydal is one of them. Guy can take some sick looking bumps.

What kind of accent does Wade Barrett have? I'm embarrassed to guess... >_> I always get British and English and... other accents... confused...

Johnny Knoxville hosts RAW next week! Well that should be good for a laugh.

David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd vs. Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre:

TJ Wilson and Harry Smith that is... I'd better make up my mind about this whole "real name" thing. Don't worry, I'll never say Chris Irvine vs. Adam Copeland...

Should be a good match, let's see what happens here. Nice pace here, Kidd takes some stiff shots. Shorter than I thought it would be, Rhodes & McIntyre pick up the win. Oh no! Dissension in the ranks! Seems like they're flirting with breaking up The Hart Dynasty, smart move I think. Both guys could flourish on their own.

Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton:

Jericho out to the ring! So listen up you gelatinous tapeworms! Jericho lists opponents he has beaten for... an impressive length of time. He is interrupted by Randy Orton's theme music, and out comes the Viper. Jericho has begun his tour with his band 'Fozzy', so he will unfortunately be written off the show tonight. Sad to see him leave AGAIN, but he will be back.

Jericho nails a beautiful Lionsault towards the end, before Sheamus interferes and draws the DQ. After the match Jericho hits the Codebreaker on Orton and stalks him with a steel chair. Jericho takes an RKO for his trouble, and then a STIFF looking punt to the head. Jericho is stretchered off to end the show. Not sure when he'll be back, hopefully sooner than later though.

I don't watch WWE programming very often anymore so I can't really say how this show stacks up to recent ones, but I didn't think it was bad. Lack of talent combined with PG Programming is DEFINITELY hurting the product, but tonight's show was alright.

Well, until next week, and in closing: To Chris Jericho!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you must already know this but just in case... Chris Jericho is a CreComm grad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, well, you didn't address the issue of the new RAW GM!! Who the heck is it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The RAW GM was savagely murdered by Edge on Monday night. RIP, it feels like we barely knew you...

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome.